Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I just received recently a review copy of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Search for the Lost Disney Cartoons by Dave Bossert and David Gerstein. From my standpoint there is no doubt that this is a "must have."

It is full of never-seen-before artwork, photographs and illustrations (and I mean from cover to cover) and the text will allow you to know absolutely all there is to know to date about all the Oswald cartoons. I was utterly fascinated when I read an early version of the manuscript a few months ago.

Then again, I am biased, since I played a small part in this quest by strongly recommending to Dave and David to work together on this project (the quest for the lost Oswald and Alice cartoons not the book itself). I can't tell you how excited I am with the results and with the number of "new" Oswald shorts that they have re-discovered.

1 comment:

Christian S. said...

I would really like to spend money on this one, but because of
my budget, I'll have to wait next month. But I did spend some on
the 1980 edition of The American Animated Cartoon, and a scholarly
book on fairy-tale storytellers from Giambattista Basile to Brothers
Grimm. Maybe that will have some anecdotes on Walt Disney, I wonder.

When I think of visiting film museums in Denmark, I sometimes think
of looking for animated shorts, if I'm lucky enough to discover
a "lost" film. So far, I haven't even persuated my family or some
social groups to go these places