Thursday, August 28, 2008

One update following my review of Jeff Kurtti's new book, Walt Disney's Legends of Imagineering and the Genesis of the Disney Theme Parks, that Jeff had not conducted any new interviews for that book. I based myself on the answers that Jeff had given when I interviewed him, but I misunderstood.

Jeff did conduct new interviews for the book, extensive ones with Marty Sklar and Roy E. Disney, as well as Imagineers who worked with those profiled, including Tony Baxter (mentored by Claude Coats) and Tom Morris.

In addition, much of the perspective is derived from the fact that Jeff worked with many of those imagineers during his days at Imagineering and beyond, including Marc Davis, Claude Coats, John Hench, Harriet Burns, Sam McKim, Bill Evans, and the Shermans. Herb Ryman was in the cubicle next to Jeff's during his first six months as an Imagineer back in 1987, and they established a fast friendship that lasted until Herb's passing.

No comments: