Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One of my greatest joys while working on the Walt's People series was one of the side events linked to the project: I was contacted by Thomas Inge who manages quite a few cartoon, comics and animation related book collections for University of Mississippi Press.

While I did not need the help of UMP to release Walt's People, I knew of a few projects which did lack a publisher and that I sent Tom's way. One of those projects is extremely similar to Walt's People and I can't wait to read it.

Working with Walt: Interviews with Disney Artists by Don Peri is due to be released in March 2008 and collects Don's best interviews with Disney artists, all of them published in this book for the first time.

The artists featured should include: Ben Sharpsteen, Wilfred Jackson, Dick Huemer, Ken O'Connor, Ken Anderson, Larry Clemmons, Clarence Nash, Les Clark, Floyd Gottfredson, Eric Larson, Herb Ryman, Harper Goff, Jack Cutting, and a few others!

No comments: