Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Once again a plea for help.

The amount of material I have received recently for future volumes of Walt's People is absolutely staggering (and I am also working on three parrallel projects which make matter worse). Some of you are already helping me with all the transcriptions that need to be handled. However, I need help with one other painstaking task: digitizing.

I have about 20 interviews that need to be digitized. This means scanning them using a scanner that has a good character recognition function and then cleaning up manually each page of the interview, to remove the typos introduced by the scanner. No need to be of English maternal language as for the transcriptions. Anyone with some free time can handle this. I used to do it all myself in the past, but have received way too much material to handle it all alone.

Anyone willing to help?

No comments: